Thursday, April 18, 2013

Getting Out of a Bad Marriage


I am going to tell you what I did to get out of my First marriage. It was a physical and mental abuse mostly mental. It took a lot for me to leave we had three small boys. I was scared I would not be able to support my kids. These are the things I did when I new I could not deal anymore.


  • Make sure you can get out and be okay (money wise) about nine months before I new I was going to leave I filled out an application for housing then when I was ready to leave I new I had a place for my children to live. This application can take one to two years to get approved so you want to make sure you do it in plenty of time.
  • Move to the next county. I moved fifteen miles away this will make it harder for your spouse to find you. Get a restraining order if you need to then your spouse will know your serious. Surround your self by family they will give you great advice and strength to help you through this difficult time in your life. Find a counselor and get out everything that you have been through this will help you start the healing process and help you look forward to your new life. If you are religious go to your go to the spiritual person of your preference they are always there for you and have great advice. Always remember you are not alone.
  • Don't call you spouse for awhile let them cool down. Then you can talk to them about the kids and the divorce. If this is not comfortable for you then let the lawyer figure this out for you that is what he is there for.I hope I helped you see the light at the end of the dark tunnel. Remember to have strength you will get through this.
  • Talk to your kids. Help them understand what is going on (depending on there ages) tell them in a way they will understand. Make sure to hide your fear so you don't scare them Remember this is hard for them to.

Written by:  Allison Crawford




  • No comments:

    Post a Comment